Uranium stocks are on the move today and we’re diving into what has investors interested in the sector on Thursday!
So what exactly has uranium stocks on the move today? There’s continued talk about countries in Europe embracing nuclear power. That includes keeping current reactors online longer, as well as potentially building new ones.
If you’re wondering why Europe appears to be switching its stance on nuclear energy, look no further than Russia. The country’s invasion of Ukraine has spurred interests in alternative energy as countries place sanctions on it. That includes oil exports.
We’ve actually been seeing uranium stocks trending higher lately despite a sharp dip earlier this morning.
Let’s dive into how this is affecting uranium stocks today below!
Uranium Stocks Moving Today
- Cameco (NYSE:CCJ) stock is down slightly as of Thursday morning as it recovers from a deeper dip earlier today.
- Denison Mines (NYSEAMERICAN:DNN) shares are up slightly as of this writing with it recovering from a similar fall early this morning.
- Global X Uranium ETF (NYSEARCA:URA) stock started off strong this morning before being hit by the same dip as other shares but is now up somewhat from yesterday’s close.
- Energy Fuels (NYSEAMERICAN:UUUU) shares are getting a slight boost this morning as the stock recovers from this morning’s drop.
- Uranium Energy (NYSEAMERICAN:UEC) stock hasn’t fully recovered from the blow to the uranium market today with its shares still just below their closing price on Wednesday.
We’ve got more stock market news worth checking out below!
That’s thanks to our daily coverage of the stock market! A few examples to consider looking in on are Energy Services of America (NASDAQ:ESOA) stock rising, the taxi dealing pushing Uber Technologies (NYSE:UBER) stock higher, as well as Russian stocks news. You can find all of this at the following links!
More Thursday Stock Market News
- Why Is Energy Services of America (ESOA) Stock Up Today?
- Uber News: 13 Things for UBER Stock Investors to Know About the NYC Taxi Deal
- GDEV, HHR, OZON, QIWI, YNDX: Can You Trade Russian Stocks on the Nasdaq?
On the date of publication, William White did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer, subject to the InvestorPlace.com Publishing Guidelines.
With only the rarest exceptions, InvestorPlace does not publish commentary about companies that have a market cap of less than $100 million or trade less than 100,000 shares each day. That’s because these “penny stocks” are frequently the playground for scam artists and market manipulators. If we ever do publish commentary on a low-volume stock that may be affected by our commentary, we demand that InvestorPlace.com’s writers disclose this fact and warn readers of the risks.
Read More: Penny Stocks — How to Profit Without Getting Scammed