Specifically, Dogecoin is now ranked 10th when listed by market capitalization. The crypto has held this position in the past, but it hasn’t been 10th in a while. However, traders should note this new rank is more due to Polkadot (DOT-USD) losing value than DOGE rising.
Adding to this news, Dogecoin is now the second-largest crypto to still operate on a proof-of-work system. This position comes after Ethereum (ETH-USD) switched to proof-of-stake, leaving just Bitcoin (BTC-USD) above DOGE in the proof-of-work realm.
With all of these recent changes, investors are likely wondering what the future holds for Dogecoin. Let’s see what the experts have to say on that below!
Dogecoin Price Predictions
- Starting off our list today is WalletInvestor with a one-year forecast of $0.00542 for the crypto.
- Next up, Gov Capital has a one-year price estimate of $0.17262803992046 for DOGE.
- CryptoNewZ closes out our list of Dogecoin price predictions, showing the crypto surpassing 10 cents by mid-2023.
How do these Dogecoin price predictions stack up? They’re mostly positive compared to the crypto’s current price of $0.05784 as of this writing. Investors should also note that DOGE is down 4.6% over the past 24 hours.
Investors seeking out more of the latest crypto news will want to keep reading!
We’ve got all of the latest crypto coverage traders need to know about for Monday! A few examples include details on the Ethereum Merge, cryptos to sell before they die and more. You can find all of these stories at the following links!
More Crypto News for Monday
- The Ethereum Merge Just Unlocked a Hidden Cloud Computing Opportunity
- 27 Cryptos to Sell Before They Die
- The Ethereum Merge Just Created a Huge Risk for ETH Crypto Fans
On the date of publication, William White did not hold (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer, subject to the InvestorPlace.com Publishing Guidelines.