Current Long Positions (stop losses in parentheses): TICC ($10.28), HRS ($45.34), CEL ($32.89), BMRN ($25.80)
Current Short Positions (stop-losses in parentheses): TFSL ($8.23), ADBE ($30.10), DTV ($43.30), EQR ($51.15)
Bias: 2% Short
Economic Reports Due Out (times are EST): None
My Observations and What to Expect
* Futures are down slightly after selling off more than 11 points from the overnight highs on the S&P contract.
* Asian and European markets are mixed, but the latter has given up most of its gains from earlier in the trading session.
* 1,200 will continue to be the rally cry for both the bulls and bears.
* While the bulls managed to close above the 20-day moving average, the 10-day has been acting as additional resistance.
* The inability to hold overnight highs, and if the bulls cannot push through 1,200 early on in today’s trading session, it will be a very bad sign and could lead to an another sell-off in the market.
* Thursday and Friday’s strength should not be perceived as anything more than a dead-cat bounce at this juncture.
* This is what it boils down to: A break below 1,189 on the S&P will be a strong indication we are putting in a lower high. This isn’t a game changer, but a break of 1,173 over the coming days is — as it would establish a new downtrend with a lower low in place.
* For the bulls, the 1,200 price level and the 10-day moving averages must be retaken. Anything else will be indicative of failure.
* Thanksgiving week traditionally has a bullish bias.
Actions I Will Be Taking
* Will look to add two new positions to the portfolio today (a long and short position).
* Equity Residential (NYSE: EQR) (short) and BMRN (long) are the latest additions to the portfolio.
* May be tempted to book my gains in TFS Financial Corporation (NASDAQ: TFSL) at some point today.
* Follow me in the SharePlanner Chat-Room today for all my live trades, including my day trades.
The SharePlanner Swing-Trading System is a proven trading strategy that has outpaced all the major indices with an 8-year return of over 1,010%. This year alone it is up 29%, with 64% of the stock picks being winners. It’s an easy trading system that requires very little effort after you buy the stock and great for those who can’t watch the market all the time! Find out more by visiting SharePlanner.com.