Dividend Stock #9 TAL International (TAL)
TAL International Group (NYSE: TAL) sells and leases storage and shipping gear to freight companies, including containers and chassis for trucks. TAL has 1 million 20-foot equivalent units of dry cargo, refrigerated and specialized containers.
- Current Yield: 6.1% ($2 a share annually)
- Dividend History: In June 2010, the company paid 30 cents a share for its quarterly dividend. This year, it will pay out 50 cents a share in June. That’s a whopping 66% dividend increase.
- Dividend Outlook: According to Bloomberg estimates, TAL International Group has a three-year expected dividend growth rate of 12.3%.
- Recent Performance: TAL stock is up about 32% in the last year, nearly double the Dow Jones.
- Stock Outlook: As economic activity increases and shipping demand rises, TAL will continue to prosper. What’s more, strong demand for food commodities like corn and grain will lead to higher demand for container shipping as the need for U.S. exports rises.