Well, Bankrate.com has published a list of 5 retailers with the excellent return policies. Some allow returns without receipts, some in a certain time frame and some even offer free shipping if you want to return through the mail.
Here’s the list:
- Nordstrom (NYSE:JWN): No time limit, no receipt and no paperwork makes Nordstrom, with its “no policy” return policy, great to work with.
- Costco (NASDAQ:COST): A dissatisfied Costco member can return anything for any reason. Except for electronics, which have a 90-day window, there’s no time limit, either.
- L.L. Bean: No time limits, no receipts and you can print out a shipping label from the firm’s website.
- Zappos.com (NASDAQ:AMZN): The firm’s return policy is so good that it encourages customers to order shoes in different sizes and return the ones that don’t fit.
- Target (NYSE:TGT): A 90-day return window for most items and, if you paid with a credit card, debit card, check or gift card, there’s no receipt required.