Basic materials stocks rose broadly on Wall Street so far on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.1%, the Nasdaq declined 0.5% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 4.2% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 3.2% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 3.0% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 2.7% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 2.4% today.
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is up 2.6% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is up 2.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is up 2.3% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is up 2.2% today.
- Polyone Corp (POL): POL stock is up 2.2% to a new 52-week high of $39.15.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sherwin-Williams Company (SHW): SHW stock is down 1.5% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 1.0% to a new 52-week low of $8.32.
- Monsanto Company (MON): MON stock is down 0.8% today.
- Balchem Corp (BCPC): BCPC stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is down 0.9% today.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF.B): GEF.B stock is down 0.4% today.
- Cvr Partners LP Common Units R (UAN): UAN stock is down 0.4% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is down 0.3% to a new 52-week low of $24.60.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 0.3% today.
- Sensient Technologies Corp (SXT): SXT stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.