Basic materials stocks advanced 0.7% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.6%, the Nasdaq rose 0.7% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 2.7% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 2.5% today.
- Raven Industries (RAVN): RAVN stock is up 1.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Celanese Corp (CE): CE stock is up 2.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Eastman Chemical Company (EMN): EMN stock is up 2.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is up 1.9% today.
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is up 1.9% today.
- Circor International (CIR): CIR stock is up 1.8% today.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is up 1.7% today.
- Syngenta Ag (SYT): SYT stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is down 4.0% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is down 3.6% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 2.8% today.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is down 2.5% today.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is down 2.2% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 1.8% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is down 1.0% today.
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is down 0.9% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 0.9% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.