Dividend Stocks — Kimberly-Clark (KMB)
- YTD return: +6%
- Current dividend yield: 3%
- Total return since 2004: +146%
- Dividend increase since 2004: 110%
- Consecutive annual dividend increases: 42, since 1972
- Years of dividends paid: 79, since 1935
Another company with great brand power is Kimberly-Clark (KMB), the company behind Huggies diapers and Kleenex tissues, among other products. Consumer staples are the ultimate recession-proof business, because babies still need their diapers and adults still need their tissues to sneeze in.
Of course, while the stability of KMB stock is attractive, there is also growth here. Kimberly-Clark has tacked on a total return of about 146% in 10 years and has more than doubled its dividend in the same period.
That’s the kind of performance that long-term investors can take to the bank.