Basic materials stocks declined on Wall Street on Tuesday morning, down 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.1%, the Nasdaq was up 0.2% and the S&P 500 was down 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 3.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is up 1.2% today.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is up 2.0% today.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is up 1.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- First Majestic Silver (AG): AG stock is up 1.5% today and up 20.4% in the last month.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is up 1.9% today.
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is up 1.0% to a new 52-week high of $76.03.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is up 1.5% today.
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is up 1.2% today.
- Iamgold Corp (IAG): IAG stock is up 1.0% today and up 28.3% in the last month.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Syngenta Ag (SYT): SYT stock is down 2.2% today.
- Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): RIO stock is down 1.8% today.
- Rockwood Holdings (ROC): ROC stock is down 1.3% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is down 1.6% today.
- Aurico Gold Inc (AUQ): AUQ stock is down 1.4% today.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is down 1.8% today.
- Crown Cork & Seal Company (CCK): CCK stock is down 1.2% today.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is down 1.1% today.
- Southern Peru Copper Corp (SCCO): SCCO stock is down 1.3% today.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is down 1.0% today and down 51.7% in the last month.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.