Basic materials stocks declined 0.7% on Wall Street so far on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.3%, the Nasdaq declined 0.1% and the S&P 500 was down 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Southern Peru Copper Corp (SCCO): SCCO stock is up 1.5% to a new 52-week high of $33.20.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 1.8% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is up 1.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is up 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 0.3% today.
- International Flavors & Fragrances (IFF): IFF stock is up 0.2% to a new 52-week high of $105.65.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is up 0.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is down 3.4% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 3.2% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 2.5% today.
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is down 2.6% today.
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is down 2.4% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 2.1% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is down 2.2% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is down 1.9% today.
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is down 1.9% today.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is down 1.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.