Basic materials stocks finished flat on Monday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.5%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.6% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 3.2% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is up 1.5% today.
- Agrium Inc (AGU): AGU stock is up 1.5% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is up 1.5% today.
- Schweitzer-Mauduit International (SWM): SWM stock is up 1.4% today.
- Kaman Corp (KAMN): KAMN stock is up 1.4% today.
- Precision Castparts Corp (PCP): PCP stock is up 1.4% today.
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is up 1.3% today.
- Clearwater Paper Corp (CLW): CLW stock is up 1.1% today.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is down 2.7% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is down 2.1% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is down 1.9% today.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is down 1.2% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is down 1.1% today.
- Intrepid Potash Inc (IPI): IPI stock is down 1.0% today.
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is down 1.0% today.
- Sensient Technologies Corp (SXT): SXT stock is down 0.8% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is down 0.8% today.
- Monsanto Company (MON): MON stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.