Basic materials stocks declined 0.4% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.4%, the Nasdaq declined 0.3% and the S&P 500 fell 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Raven Industries (RAVN): RAVN stock is up 0.9% today.
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is up 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Bemis Company (BMS): BMS stock is up 0.5% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 0.4% today.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is up 0.2% today.
- Cvr Partners LP Common Units R (UAN): UAN stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Iamgold Corp (IAG): IAG stock is down 5.0% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is down 4.2% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 4.0% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is down 3.8% today.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is down 3.0% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is down 2.9% today.
- Intrepid Potash Inc (IPI): IPI stock is down 2.9%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Aurico Gold Inc (AUQ): AUQ stock is down 2.8% today.
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is down 2.6% today.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is down 2.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.