Today is Women’s Equality Day and InvestorPlace is celebrating with a collection of Women’s Equality Day quotes that can be posted to Facebook Inc (NASDAQ:FB), Twitter Inc (NYSE:TWTR), Instagram and other social media websites.
Here are some Women’s Equality Day quotes to share today, as collected from BrainyQuote.com.
- “Feminism is not just about women; it’s about letting all people lead fuller lives.” — Jane Fonda
- “I am trying to make art that relates to the deepest and most mythic concerns of human kind and I believe that, at this moment of history, feminism is humanism.” — Judy Chicago
- “If feminism wasn’t powerful, if feminism wasn’t influential, people wouldn’t spend so much time putting it down.” — Jessica Valenti
- “I’m very proud of being a woman, and as a woman, I don’t even like the word ‘feminism’ because when I hear that word, I associate it with women trying to pretend to be men, and I’m not interested in trying to pretend to be a man. I don’t want to embrace manhood; I want to embrace my womanhood.” — Evangeline Lilly
- “Feminism isn’t simply about being a woman in a position of power. It’s battling systemic inequities; it’s a social justice movement that believes sexism, racism and classism exist and interconnect, and that they should be consistently challenged.” — Jessica Valenti
- “I was trying to uphold what I thought feminism was as best I could by supporting women, by trying to create an opportunity to get women to get together, play music together and celebrate the fact that we are having great success making music on our own and together.” — Sarah McLachlan
- “Feminism is the ability to choose what you want to do.” — Nancy Reagan
- “I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is: I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat.” — Rebecca West
- “To me, feminism is such a simple description: it’s equal rights, economic rights, political rights, and social rights.” — Callie Khouri
- “Feminism is an entire world view or gestalt, not just a laundry list of women’s issues.” — Charlotte Bunch
Follow this link for more Women’s Equality Day quotes to celebrate with.
More From InvestorPlace:
- The Best ETFs: A Special Report
- 7 Stocks the Smart Money Loves … Or Hates
- 7 Rare Value Stocks in This Overpriced Market