Alright. You’re getting ready for Thanksgiving. You know who all is coming, but how much turkey do you cook per person?
There’s actually an incredibly easy way to measure how much turkey you should cook per person. Just remember to cook one pound of turkey for every guests that is attending your Thanksgiving lunch, dinner or whatever meal you celebrate the holiday with.
Preparing one pound of turkey per person will easily give you enough to feed everyone for the holiday. It also allows for leftovers that can be eaten later that day, or even on the following days.
If you’re the type of person that doesn’t like leftovers, you should still cook one pound of turkey per person for Thanksgiving. It’s better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. Plus, you can always send the leftovers home with your family and friends if you don’t want to keep them for yourself.
Now that you know how much turkey you need, here are some tips from Food Network to help you make the perfect Thanksgiving turkey.
- Use brining to keep the turkey moist while it’s cooking.
- Make sure the turkey’s skin is dry and then cover it in better and oil before cooking.
- Create a layer of vegetables to lay the turkey on in the pan. This helps keep hot air flow even during the cooking process.
- Make sure you pick the type of turkey you know your family will enjoy for Thanksgiving.
- Lightly cover the turkey with tin foil for 15 to 20 minutes before serving to lock in the juices.
Still want more Thanksgiving content? InvestorPlace has the following primer ready just for such an occasion.
- First Thanksgiving Facts: When Was It? What Did They Eat?
- Thanksgiving Travel 2017: What to Expect
- Thanksgiving 2017: Which Restaurants Are Open on Thanksgiving?
- Black Friday 2017: 39 Stores Closed Thanksgiving Day
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade 2017 Lineup: Who Will Perform?
- Friendsgiving Ideas 2017: 6 Fun Ways to Host a Memorable Party
As of this writing, William White did not hold a position in any of the aforementioned securities.