Bilibili (NASDAQ:BILI) earnings for the Chinese entertainment company’s first quarter of 2020 have BILI stock heading lower after markets closed on Monday. That comes from its adjusted losses per share of -1.43 yuan. This is below Wall Street’s estimate of -1.14 yuan. Its revenue of 2.32 billion yuan is better than analysts’ estimates of 2.19 billion yuan.
Here’s what else is worth mentioning from the most recent Bilibili earnings report.
- Adjusted per-share losses are 225% wider compared to -.44 yuan in the first quarter of 2019.
- Revenue for the quarter comes in 69% higher than the 1.37 billion yuan in the same period of the year prior.
- Operating loss of -544.21 million yuan is 77.4% worse year-over-year than -306.73 million yuan.
- The Bilibili earnings report also has net loss coming in at -538.56 million yuan.
- That’s a 175.3% increase in net loss next to the -195.64 million yuan from the same time last year.
Sam Fan, CFO of Bilibili, said this about the Q1 earnings results.
“Our strong user metrics have laid a solid foundation for our financial growth. Our MPUs grew 134% to a record 13.4 million, demonstrating our platform’s strong monetization capabilities. As our top line grows, our gross margin continued to expand for the fourth consecutive quarter reaching 23% in the first quarter of 2020, showing improving operational efficiency.”
Bilibili provides a guidance update in the current earnings report. It expects revenue for Q2 2020 to range from 2.50 billion yuan to 2.55 billion yuan. Wall Street’s estimate is for revenue of 2.42 billion yuan.
BILI stock was down 3.5% after-hours Monday.
As of this writing, William White did not hold a position in any of the aforementioned securities.