Pop Culture (NASDAQ:CPOP) stock is rocketing higher on Thursday after the company launched its initial public offering (IPO) yesterday.
Let’s take a deeper dive into Pop Culture and its recent IPO.
- To start off with, Pop Culture is a Chinese company based out of Xiamen dedicated to promoting hip-pop culture.
- Its goal is to “promote hip-hop culture and its values of love, peace, unity, respect, and having fun, and to promote cultural exchange with respect to hip-hop between the United States and China.”
- This has it offering up entertainment events, online programs, and other services with the younger generation as its primary target.
- Pop Culture launched its IPO yesterday that put shares of CPOP stock on the Nasdaq Exchange.
- This saw it offering 6.2 million shares of CPOP stock at a price of $6 each.
- The company expects to generate $37.2 million from the offering.
- There’s also a 45-day option for underwriters of the IPO to purchase an additional 930,000 shares at the IPO price.
- The offering is expected to close tomorrow.
- Pop Culture already has plans for the money it gains from the IPO.
- That includes using it to “develop and operate online content, develop a street dance training business, create derivative works of hip-hop intellectual properties, and develop hip-hop events, and for working capital and other general corporate purposes.”
- While CPOP is currently trading well above the penny stock range, investors may still want to be careful when investing considering its low price before the massive surge yesterday and today.
CPOP stock was up 99.7% as of Thursday morning.
There’s other stock market news for Thursday that investors will want to keep up with below.
InvestorPlace.com has all of the latest news that investors need to be aware of. A few examples from today include what has Micron (NASDAQ:MU) stock falling, what else to expect today, as well as why Chinese electric vehicle (EV) stocks are running higher. You can check out all of that news for yourself at the following links!
More Stock Market News for Thursday
- MU Stock: Why Micron Is Taking a Solid Hit Today
- What Will the Stock Market Do Today? 3 Big Stories to Watch.
- Chinese EV Stocks: Why LI, XPEV, NIO Stocks Are Revving Up Today
On the date of publication, William White did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer, subject to the InvestorPlace.com Publishing Guidelines.
With only the rarest exceptions, InvestorPlace does not publish commentary about companies that have a market cap of less than $100 million or trade less than 100,000 shares each day. That’s because these “penny stocks” are frequently the playground for scam artists and market manipulators. If we ever do publish commentary on a low-volume stock that may be affected by our commentary, we demand that InvestorPlace.com’s writers disclose this fact and warn readers of the risks. Read More: Penny Stocks — How to Profit Without Getting Scammed