Zivo Bioscience (NASDAQ:ZIVO) stock is rocketing higher on Monday despite a lack of news coming from the company today.
So what has ZVIO stock on the rise? It looks like this is yet another case of retail traders picking out a stock with low float and pumping it higher. That’s normal for penny stocks as their low prices allow for easy manipulation.
The extra eyes on ZIVO stock today have it trading at higher-than-normal volumes. As of this writing, more than 62 million shares of the stock have changed hands. That’s a massive surge over its daily average trading volume of about 218,000 shares.
Now that you know why ZIVO stock is on the rise, let’s take a look at what else you should know about the company below!
What to Know about ZIVO Stock
- Zivo Bioscience is a research and development firm based out of the U.S.
- Its focus is on the “study, development and commercialization of natural nutritional compounds and bioactive molecules derived from proprietary algal strains.”
- This has it working on food alternatives that make use of algae.
- Part of the company’s work is on developing feeds for animals derived from algae.
- The other part includes developing algae foods for human consumption.
- Zivo Bioscience claims that its human products will promote a healthy cholesterol balance while also boosting the immune system.
- It also points out that its products are sustainable due to its collection of freshwater algae strains.
- These are “plant-based, non-GMO, antibiotic-free, sustainable source of protein, fiber and micronutrients with added health benefits.”
ZIVO stock was up 145% as of Monday morning.
We’ve also got more hot stock news traders will want to know about.
InvestorPlace offers daily coverage of the most recent stock market news. Some stories to consider checking out include our pre-market stock movers for today, the latest on steel stocks, as well as what to know about Beachbody (NYSE:BODY) stock. You can find all of that at the links below!
More Monday Stock Market News
- Today’s Biggest Pre-Market Stock Movers: 10 Top Gainers and Losers on Monday
- Steel Stocks X, CLF and MT Are in Focus as U.S. Steel Falls
- BODY Stock: What Is Going on With Beachbody Shares Today?
On the date of publication, William White did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer, subject to the InvestorPlace.com Publishing Guidelines.
With only the rarest exceptions, InvestorPlace does not publish commentary about companies that have a market cap of less than $100 million or trade less than 100,000 shares each day. That’s because these “penny stocks” are frequently the playground for scam artists and market manipulators. If we ever do publish commentary on a low-volume stock that may be affected by our commentary, we demand that InvestorPlace.com’s writers disclose this fact and warn readers of the risks. Read More: Penny Stocks — How to Profit Without Getting Scammed