Catecoin (CCC:CATE-USD) is seeing massive gains on Friday as the meme crypto does well with traders.
Let’s jump into Catecoin below with what investors need to know about the crypto.
- Catecoin is a crypto that offers a DeFi Meme platform.
- This is an actual place for creators to make and share memes with other users.
- Users of the service can choose to pay creators with their CATE tokens.
- The platform also allows traders to earn by holding the crypto, or when using it.
- To go along with this, the platform also allows users to turn their memes into NFTs.
- However, there is a barrier to entry for making memes on the platform.
- Users must hold at least 5 million tokens to be eligible for posting.
- That may seem high but the tokens are tracking for fractions of a cent right now.
- Currently, it would take a little over a $10 investment to acquire the 5 million tokens needed to post.
- Several exchanges are already offering Catecoin.
- That includes PancakeSwap, HotBit, Bilaxy, and others.
- Catecoin specifically compares itself to rival meme cryptos Shiba Inu (CCC:SHIB-USD) and Dogecoin (CCC:DOGE-USD).
- That includes its token supply of 100 trillion, as compared to SHIB’s 1 quadrillion tokens and DOGE’s unlimited token supply.
- It also notes its 15% APY, as well as its usage on a meme and gaming platform.
CATE is up 42.1% over a 24-hour period as of Friday afternoon.
Of course, we’ve got more crypto news worth looking into today!
InvestorPlace offers daily coverage of the crypto market and today is no different. A few stories from today include a SHIB rally boosting Ethereum (CCC:ETH-USD) higher, a dive into Stellar Lumens (CCC:XLM-USD), as well as Shiba Inu surpassing DOGE. You can get up to speed on these matters from the following links!
More Crypto News for Friday
- Did SHIB’s Record Rally Really Take Ethereum Prices to a New All-Time High?
- Stellar Lumens Looks Promising, But That Means Little for the XLM Coin
- Shiba Inu Just Overtook Dogecoin. Lesser-Known Floki Inu Thinks It Can Dethrone Both.
On the date of publication, William White did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer, subject to the InvestorPlace.com Publishing Guidelines.
On Low-Capitalization and Low-Volume Cryptocurrencies: With only the rarest exceptions, InvestorPlace does not publish commentary about cryptocurrencies that have a market capitalization less than $100 million or trade with volume less than $100,000 each day. That’s because these “penny cryptos” are frequently the playground for scam artists and market manipulators. If we ever do publish commentary on a low-volume crypto that may be affected by our commentary, we demand that InvestorPlace.com’s writers disclose this fact and warn readers of the risks.
Read More: How to Avoid Popular Cryptocurrency Scams