Remark Holdings (NASDAQ:MARK) stock is rocketing higher on Monday as investors connect the company to former President Donald Trump.
Let’s jump into today’s news below to see what has investors excited about MARK stock.
- First off, it’s worth pointing out Digital World Acquisition (NASDAQ:DWAC)
- It’s a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) set to take Trump’s Truth Social platform public.
- That’s a social media service that Trump is working on that will reportedly focus on First Amendment rights.
- With this announcement, any stocks connected to Trump have been soaring higher.
- Recent news concerning Trump hotels getting Sharecare Health Security Verified has investors looking to MARK stock.
- However, there may be some confusion there as Sharecare (NASDAQ:SHCR) is behind the news.
- So why are investors turning to MARK stock instead?
- It’s due to Remark Holdings being a partial owner of Sharecare.
- This has investors bypassing SHCR stock in favor of picking up shares of a company above it instead.
- Remark Holdings operates a workplace artificial intelligence (AI) through its KanKan business.
- It also holds a few other companies in its portfolio.
- Sharecare is among them, as well as Bikini.com, and investments in Hollywood to drive brand growth in China.
- The company’s market cap is $464.622 million.
MARK stock is experiencing heavy trading on today’s news. As of this writing, more than 217 million shares of the stock have changed hands. That’s a massive surge over its daily average trading volume of 4.2 million shares.
MARK stock was up 101.4% as of Monday morning.
Investors looking for more news today are in luck!
InvestorPlace has the latest stock market coverage that traders need. That includes Lucid Motors (NASDAQ:LCID) news, price predictions for Shiba Inu (CCC:SHIB-USD), as well as this morning’s pre-market stock movers. You can find all of that at the following links!
More Monday Market News
- Dear LCID Stock Fans, a Big Catalyst Is Rolling Out This Week
- Shiba Inu Price Predictions: Where Will Musk Take the No. 13 SHIB Crypto?
- Today’s Biggest Pre-Market Stock Movers: 10 Top Gainers and Losers on Monday
On the date of publication, William White did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer, subject to the InvestorPlace.com Publishing Guidelines.
With only the rarest exceptions, InvestorPlace does not publish commentary about companies that have a market cap of less than $100 million or trade less than 100,000 shares each day. That’s because these “penny stocks” are frequently the playground for scam artists and market manipulators. If we ever do publish commentary on a low-volume stock that may be affected by our commentary, we demand that InvestorPlace.com’s writers disclose this fact and warn readers of the risks.
Read More: Penny Stocks — How to Profit Without Getting Scammed