Penny stocks are still a hot topic among retail traders and we’re covering some of the top ones to watch Wednesday that are on the move.
But before that, I do have to warn you about the dangers that come with investing in penny stocks. While they oftentimes see major movement thanks to hype on social media, they also typically take major falls afterward. Keep that in mind so you don’t end up a bagholder.
With that out of the way, let’s tackle the penny stocks to watch today below!
Penny Stocks to Watch on Wednesday
- Zomedica (NYSEAMERICAN:ZOM) stock started the day off strong and is still up 2.3% as of this writing. There’s no specific news about ZOM stock today, so we’re likely seeing it rise on retail trader hype.
- Dare Bioscience (NASDAQ:DARE) shares are up next with the stock climbing 8.9% higher as of Wednesday morning. This comes after the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved XACIATO for the treatment of “bacterial vaginosis in females 12 years of age and older.”
- Paysafe (NYSE:PSFE) joins the penny stocks to watch today with shares sitting 16.1% higher. That’s thanks to news of the company’s leaders buying $2.8 million worth of shares.
- Energy Focus (NASDAQ:EFOI) stock is up next with shares rocketing 90.3% as of this morning. This is the result of the company launching new products to battle Covid-19 and other airborne pathogens.
- Auddia (NASDAQ:AUUD) shares close out our list today with the stock getting a 4.7% boost as of this writing. The news behind this rise is a new partnership between the company and Bleav Podcast Networks.
We’ve got more stock market news besides the top penny stocks to watch today below!
Investors seeking out stock market coverage are in the right place. Today’s news includes Ark Transparency ETF starting to trade today, Stitch Fix (NASDAQ:SFIX) falling after earnings, as well as Planet Labs making its public debut. You can learn all about that at the following links!
More Stock Market News for Wednesday
- The ARK Transparency ETF (CTRU) Starts Trading Today. 9 Things to Know.
- SFIX Stock: Why Stitch Fix Shares Are Unraveling Today
Planet Labs Stock: 10 Things to Know as PL Starts Trading Today After SPAC Merger
On the date of publication, William White did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer, subject to the InvestorPlace.com Publishing Guidelines.
With only the rarest exceptions, InvestorPlace does not publish commentary about companies that have a market cap of less than $100 million or trade less than 100,000 shares each day. That’s because these “penny stocks” are frequently the playground for scam artists and market manipulators. If we ever do publish commentary on a low-volume stock that may be affected by our commentary, we demand that InvestorPlace.com’s writers disclose this fact and warn readers of the risks.
Read More: Penny Stocks — How to Profit Without Getting Scammed