Uber (NYSE:UBER) stock is in the news Thursday on plans to launch driverless food delivery via its UberEarts service.
Let’s dive into that new below with all the info that holders of UBER stock need to know.
- Uber is teaming up with Motional for the driverless food delivery pilot.
- This will have them delivering meal kits to customers in Santa Monica starting early next year.
- Motional will handle the driverless part of the deal with its retrofitted electric Hyundai Ioniq 5 vehicles.
- Even though these vehicles will be self-driving, a safety operator will be present during the deliveries.
- Other details about the driverless food delivery service from UberEats are still up in the air.
- That includes how many driverless vehicles will take to the streets in Santa Monica for the pilot.
- It’s also unclear how the user experience on UberEats will be for this service.
- What we do know is Uber and Motional are promising to offer more details ahead of the launch next year.
- Other recent news from Uber that’s likely to interest investors includes an unusual delivery to the International Space Station (ISS).
- Of course, this wasn’t done by traditional means.
- Instead, an order of canned foods was sent up with Japanese entrepreneur Yusaku Maezawa.
- Maezawa was touring the ISS and brought the food with him during his flight.
UBER stock is down slightly as of Thursday morning and is down 26.1% since the start of the year.
Investors looking for more recent stock market news today are in luck!
InvestorPlace has all the latest stock market coverage that traders need to know about for Thursday. A few examples include Canoo (NASDAQ:GOEV) stock moving on several bits of news, FREYR Battery (NYSE:FREY) jumping on a major deal, as well as Kaixin Auto (NASDAQ:KXIN) shares getting a boost from a partnership. You can get all those details from the following links!
More Thursday Stock Market News
- GOEV Stock: 12 Bits of Canoo News Giving the EV Startup a Jump Today
- FREY Stock: 7 Things to Know About FREYR Battery as Deal News Gives Shares a Charge Today
- KXIN Stock Alert: What Is the EV News Sending Kaixin Auto Soaring Today?
On the date of publication, William White did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer, subject to the InvestorPlace.com Publishing Guidelines.