Delta Air Lines (NYSE:DAL) stock is taking off on Thursday thanks to the release of the company’s most recent earnings report.
Let’s dive into that news below to see what’s lifting DAL stockholders’ spirits today!
- Delta Air Lines released its earnings report for the fourth quarter and full year of 2021 before markets opened this morning.
- The earnings report starts off strong with adjusted earnings per share of 22 cents.
- That blows past Wall Street’s estimate of 14 cents per share.
- Revenue of $9.47 billion is another highlight for the company.
- It beats out the $9.21 billion in revenue that analysts were looking for in Q4.
- Adjusted losses per share for the full year of 2021 came in at $4.08.
- That’s better than the adjusted per-share losses of $4.22 that analysts were expecting.
- Revenue for the year comes in at $29.9 billion.
- Yet again, that’s a win for holders of DAL stock compared to Wall Street’s estimate of $29.4 billion.
- Delta Air Lines is also maintaining a strong outlook for its first quarter of 2022 despite Omicron concerns.
- That includes capacity between 83% and 85%.
Ed Bastian, CEO of Delta Air Lines, said this about Omicron’s effect on the company.
“While the rapidly spreading omicron variant has significantly impacted staffing levels and disrupted travel across the industry, Delta’s operation has stabilized over the last week and returned to pre-holiday performance. Omicron is expected to temporarily delay the demand recovery 60 days, but as we look past the peak, we are confident in a strong spring and summer travel season with significant pent-up demand for consumer and business travel.”
DAL stock is up 2.5% as of Thursday morning.
Investors looking for more stock market news will want to stick around!
We’ve got all the latest coverage that traders need to know about for Thursday! That includes this morning’s pre-market stock movers, price predictions for Shopify (NYSE:SHOP), as well as what’s affecting electroCore (NASDAQ:ECOR). You can learn all about these matters at the links below!
More Stock Market News for Thursday
- Today’s Biggest Pre-Market Stock Movers: 10 Top Gainers and Losers on Thursday
- SHOP Stock Price Predictions: Where Will Shopify Go After 20% Stumble?
- ECOR Stock Alert: Why Is electroCore Soaring Today?
On the date of publication, William White did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer, subject to the InvestorPlace.com Publishing Guidelines.