Harley-Davidson (NYSE:HOG) stock is getting a boost on Tuesday thanks to the motorcycle company’s earnings report for the fourth quarter of 2021.
Let’s break down that earnings report below with all the details HOG stockholders need to know.
- Harley-Davidson reported adjusted earnings per share of 15 cents in the current quarter.
- That’s a positive change from its adjusted losses per share of 46 cents from the same time last year.
- The company’s earnings also smashed Wall Street’s estimate of -37 cents per share.
- Strong revenue of $1.02 billion also helped out HOG stock today.
- That’s a 40% jump from the $725 million in revenue reported during the same period of the year prior.
- It also easily surpasses the $663.84 million that analysts were looking for this quarter.
- Harley-Davidson also includes its outlook for the full year of 2022 in its most recent earnings report.
- The company is expecting revenue for the year to increase between 5% and 10%.
- However, it’s also expecting operating income to drop 20% to 25% during the year.
- Harley-Davidson notes that this outlook is based on the expectations that supply chain issues will improve in the second half of 2022.
Jochen Zeitz, chairman, president and CEO of Harley-Davidson, said this in the earnings report boosting HOG stock higher today.
“Harley-Davidson delivered a strong finish to the year, in which we have seen proof points on all elements of our Hardwire Strategy. Looking ahead, we are fully committed to achieving our long-term Hardwire Strategy, as the most desirable motorcycle brand and company in the world.”
HOG stock is up 14.3% as of Tuesday afternoon.
There’s more stock market news for investors to dive into below!
InvestorPlace houses all the latest stock news that traders need to know about for Tuesday! Among that is American Rebel (NASDAQ:AREB) IPO details, Society Pass (NASDAQ:SOPA) stock rising higher, and what to know about Valkyrie Capital Bitcoin Miners ETF (NASDAQ:WGMI). You can find all of this at the following links!
More Tuesday Stock Market News
- American Rebel IPO: 13 Things to Know About the Safe Maker as AREB Stock Skyrockets
- SOPA Stock: 6 Things to Know About E-Commerce Play Society Pass as Short Squeeze Sends It Soaring
- WGMI ETF: 7 Things to Know as the Valkyrie Bitcoin Miners ETF Starts Trading Today
On the date of publication, William White did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer, subject to the InvestorPlace.com Publishing Guidelines.