Let’s dive into the Spirit Airlines and Frontier Airlines merger news below!
- Frontier Group will use a mix of cash and stock to acquire all shares of SAVE.
- That includes 1.9126 shares of ULCC stock and $2.13 in cash for each share of SAVE stock.
- This implies a value of $25.83 per share of SAVE stock based on closing prices from Friday.
- It also represents a 19% premium from SAVE’s closing price on Friday.
- That’s also a 26% premium based on the 30 trading-day volume-weighted average prices of Frontier and Spirit.
- Frontier Group notes that this offer has it valuing Spirit Airlines at $2.9 billion.
- It also places a transaction value of $6.6 billion on the deal when including net debt and operating lease liabilities.
- When the Spirit Airlines and Frontier Group merger comes to a close, ULCC investors will hold a 51.5% stake in the combined company.
- This will leave SAVE stock investors with a 48.5% stake in the business.
- Spirit Airlines and Frontier Group note that both companies’ Boards of Directors have given their unanimous support to the merger.
- When the merger closes, the new Board will be made up of seven members chosen by Frontier and five chosen by Spirit Airlines.
- Spirit Airlines and Frontier are expecting the merger to close during the second half of 2022.
- However, it will first have to complete customary closing conditions, such as getting approval from shareholders and regulators.
SAVE stock is up 14.9% and ULCC stock is up 1.8% as of Monday morning.
Investors looking for more stock market news today are in the right place!
That’s because InvestorPlace has them covered with all the latest stock stories for Monday! A few examples include what’s happening with shares of Snowflake (NYSE:SNOW) stock, Alibaba (NYSE:BABA) stock, and Peloton (NASDAQ:PTON) stock today. You can find out all about these matters a the links below!
More Monday Stock Market News
- SNOW Stock Price Prediction: Why One Analyst Sees Snowflake Shares Hitting $390
- BABA Stock Alert: The Softbank Chatter Taking a Bite Out of Alibaba Today
- PTON Stock Alert: The Takeover Rumors Sending Peloton ‘Running’ Higher
On the date of publication, William White did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer, subject to the InvestorPlace.com Publishing Guidelines.