Aterian (NASDAQ:ATER) stock is on the move Tuesday despite a lack of news from the consumer products company.
Instead, it looks like retail traders discussing the short squeeze potential of the company are behind today’s rally. This has several popular day traders over on Twitter (NYSE:TWTR) hyping up the stock alongside today’s run.
In addition to that, the short-squeeze chatter over ATER stock brings with it heavy trading of the company’s shares. As of this writing, more than 47 million shares of the company’s stock have changed hands. For comparison, the company’s daily average trading volume is closer to 5.3 million shares.
Of course, investors will want to be careful about jumping into ATER stock today. While the rally may be a draw for some traders, there’s no denying the danger that comes with it. Sure, the stock is up now, but there’s no telling how long that will last before a potential dump drops its price.
Keeping that in mind, here’s a few things potential investors in ATER stock need to know about the company.
ATER Stock News
- Aterian operates a consumer products platform that has it partnering with brands to build products customers want.
- The company is based out of New York City and was founded in 2014.
- Back then it operated under the name Mohawk Group but switched to the Aterian name in April 2021.
- Aterian went public via an initial public offering (IPO) in 2019 that priced its shares at $10 each.
- It had 158 employees as of 2021.
- Aterian’s current market capitalization is sitting at $231.609 million.
- Yaniv Sarig is the co-founder, president and CEO of the company with his previous work including leading the Financial Services Engineering department at Coverity.
ATER stock is up 7.6% as of Tuesday morning.
Investors seeking more stock market news will want to stick around!
InvestorPlace has all the latest stock market news that traders need to know about for Tuesday! A few examples include what’s happening with cruise stocks today, details on the upcoming Warner Bros. Discovery stock, as well as what has Lilium (NASDAQ:LILM) rising. You can find out all about these topics at the following links!
More Tuesday Stock Market News
- Cruise Stocks News: Why Are CCL, RCL, NCLH Stocks Up Today?
- Warner Bros. Discovery (WBD) Stock Is Coming. Here’s What to Know.
- Why Is Lilium (LILM) Stock Up Today?
On the date of publication, William White did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer, subject to the InvestorPlace.com Publishing Guidelines.
With only the rarest exceptions, InvestorPlace does not publish commentary about companies that have a market cap of less than $100 million or trade less than 100,000 shares each day. That’s because these “penny stocks” are frequently the playground for scam artists and market manipulators. If we ever do publish commentary on a low-volume stock that may be affected by our commentary, we demand that InvestorPlace.com’s writers disclose this fact and warn readers of the risks.
Read More: Penny Stocks — How to Profit Without Getting Scammed