We’re starting off the week with an overview of the biggest pre-market stock movers for Monday!
Stocks are moving today on a reverse split, acquisition news, as well as a monkeypox update.
Let’s jump into that news below!
Pre-Market Stock Movers: 10 Top Gainers
- Borqs Technologies (NASDAQ:BRQS) stock is rocketing more than 1,188% but it’s due to a reverse stock split.
- Evofem Biosciences (NASDAQ:EVFM) shares are soaring over 83% as the birth control company gets a boost from the latest Supreme Court news.
- Agile Therapeutics (NASDAQ:AGRX) stock is surging more than 66% as it also focuses on women’s contraceptives.
- Epizyme (NASDAQ:EPZM) shares are rising over 58% on news that Ipsen (OTCMKTS:IPSEF) is acquiring the company.
- Tenax Therapeutics (NASDAQ:TENX) stock is gaining close to 58% on no clear news this morning.
- Kiromic BioPharma (NASDAQ:KRBP) shares are increasing nearly 35% in pre-market trading for Monday.
- Idera Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:IDRA) stock is climbing more than 20% after stock purchase amendments were approved in its annual shareholder meeting.
- Remark (NASDAQ:MARK) shares are jumping over 26% ahead of its annual shareholder meeting later this week.
- Acutus Medical (NASDAQ:AFIB) stock is getting a more than 26% boost on Food and Drug Administration (FDA) clearance for its heart product.
- InflaRx (NASDAQ:IFRX) shares are up almost 23% this morning.
10 Top Losers
- SIGA Technologies (NASDAQ:SIGA) stock is diving over 12% after the World Health Organization (WHO) refused to label monkeypox as an emergency.
- JE Cleantech (NASDAQ:JCSE) shares are tumbling close to 12% in early morning trading.
- Sunlands Technology (NYSE:STG) stock is taking a more than 12% beating after rising on Friday.
- ZW Data Action Tech (NASDAQ:CNET) shares are falling over 11% this morning.
- China SXT Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:SXTC) stock is decreasing more than 8% on no clear news.
- Tonix Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:TNXP) shares are sliding over 8% after revealing designs for a Phase 2 clinical trial of a treatment for cocaine intoxication.
- Spirit Airlines (NYSE:SAVE) stock is dropping more than 8% ahead of a shareholder vote for its merger with Frontier Airlines (NASDAQ:ULCC).
- Chimerix (NASDAQ:CMRX) shares are slipping over 7% on the latest monkeypox news.
- Geovax Labs (NASDAQ:GOVX) stock is dipping more than 7% this morning.
- Blue Hat Interactive (NASDAQ:BHAT) shares close out our pre-market stock movers down over 6%.
On Penny Stocks and Low-Volume Stocks: With only the rarest exceptions, InvestorPlace does not publish commentary about companies that have a market cap of less than $100 million or trade less than 100,000 shares each day. That’s because these “penny stocks” are frequently the playground for scam artists and market manipulators. If we ever do publish commentary on a low-volume stock that may be affected by our commentary, we demand that InvestorPlace.com’s writers disclose this fact and warn readers of the risks.
On the date of publication, William White did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer, subject to the InvestorPlace.com Publishing Guidelines.