Sundar Pichai, 43, has been quickly climbing the ladder at Google since he joined the company in 2004. His colleagues have described him as “a very levelheaded, fair, good guy who’s also incredibly smart,” and “the Johnnie Appleseed, so to speak, of dealmaking,” reports San Jose Mercury News.
Here are a few things to know about Google CEO Sundar Pichai, as collected from San Jose Mercury News.
- His projects include the Google Toolbar and Chrome.
- He started his career as a semiconductor engineer 20 years ago.
- Pichai has degrees from the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, Stanford University and The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
- He was being considered as Microsoft’s (MSFT) new CEO when it was looking to replace Steve Ballmer.
- Twitter (TWTR) tried to hire him, but Google paid him $50 million in stock to stay with it.