Welcome to Episode #75 of the Zacks Market Edge Podcast.
Every week, host and Zacks stock strategist, Tracey Ryniec, will be joined by guests to discuss the hottest investing topics in stocks, bonds and ETFs and how it impacts your life.
In this episode, Tracey is joined by Kevin Matras, Vice President at Zacks.com, the Editor of the Options Trader service and Zacks biggest perma-bull.
For the last 8 years, he’s been bullish on stocks but he’s even more bullish going forward.
Why does he think stocks could move higher even still?
And does Tracey think he’s crazy?
Tracey and Kevin also discuss how difficult it is to think about buying stock in companies that you will hold for years to come.
But if you had to do it, they talk about 5 stocks you could buy if you’ve got a long-term time horizon.
Stocks to Buy for the Next 5 Years
1. Alphabet Inc (NASDAQ:GOOGL): Tracey likes it because of the growth in YouTube. YouTube is just 12 years old and its now beginning to really generate revenue, especially as it launches its own subscription services. Alphabet is nearly 20 years old and it’s still generating nearly 20% revenue growth a year.
2. CME Group Inc (NYSE:CME): It’s expected to see double digit growth this year. The exchanges are big business and Kevin believes it’s only going to get better. It already is producing trading volume records and commodities, which have been down in the dumps, are only just beginning to rebound.
3. PacWest Bancorp (NASDAQ:PACW) is a $6 billion midcap regional California bank. As the Fed raises interest rates, the banks will see a rise in earnings. Banks are where you want to be if growth is picking up in the economy. This bank, in addition to being located in the 6th largest economy in the world in California, also pays a dividend yielding 3.9%.
Tracey and Kevin discuss two more stocks that they believe you might want to take a look at for the long haul.
With all the talk of social media and platforms, did they include recent IPO Snap Inc (NYSE:SNAP) in their list of recommendations?
Find out the answer to this and more on this week’s podcast:
- (1:30) – Will The Bull Market Double In The Next 5 Years?
- (8:00) – Tracey’s Thoughts On Being In A Secular Bull Market
- (12:40) – Be Prepared For Bull Market Pull Backs
- (16:20) – Top Stock Picks: Investing Ideas
- (34:50) – Episode Round Up: Stock Tickers
Zacks’ Top 10 Stocks for 2017
In addition to the stocks discussed above, would you like to know about our 10 finest buy-and-hold tickers for the entirety of 2017?
Who wouldn’t? Last year’s market-beating Top 10 portfolio produced 5 double-digit winners. For example, oil and natural gas giant Pioneer Natural Resources and First Republic Bank racked up stellar gains of +44.9% and +44.3% respectively. Now a brand-new list for 2017 has been hand-picked from 4,400 companies covered by the Zacks Rank.
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report
More From InvestorPlace
- 9 Stocks to Buy That Are Growing Faster Than Amazon
- 7 Future Blue-Chip Stocks You Need to Buy
- 7 Cheap Dividend Stocks to Buy Now