Sheetz is making waves in the crypto space today after the convenience chain announced it is the first to start accepting digital assets for payments.
Here’s everything you need to know about Sheetz accepting crypto.
- A new release from Sheetz details that the company is using Flexa to allow for crypto payments at its locations.
- This will allow customers to make use of Bitcoin (CCC:BTC-USD), Ethereum (CCC:ETH-USD), Dogecoin (CCC:DOGE-USD), Litecoin (CCC:LTC-USD), and other cryptos for their purchases.
- Sheetz will start accepting crypto payments at select locations this summer.
- At first, this will only allow for payments in-store, but it plans to add support for payments at the pump later this year.
- According to the news release, Sheetz is also planning to add support for its Rewards program when paying with crypto.
- This will allow them to gain points when making use of apps that support Flexa.
- Sheetz has to upgrade its payment system to handle the support of cryptocurrencies.
- This resulted in it meeting with NCR, its point-of-sale technology partner.
- The two worked out a system that works with Flexa to add crypto support.
Linda Smith, payments manager at Sheetz, said this about the move to accept crypto.
“Above all else, our mission at Sheetz is to continue providing our customers with the ultimate one-stop-shop where they can refuel their car and refresh their body. As a result, we are constantly innovating and exploring new offerings to truly give our customers what they want, when they want it, 24/7/365 — that includes accepting many forms of payment. We’re very excited to be working with Flexa to roll out support for cryptocurrencies and other types of digital assets at our stores.”
The start of retailers accepting cryptocurrencies is a good sign for the digital assets. There’s also more news below worth looking into.
That includes crypto exchange Kraken looking to go public, Cathie Wood discussing what’s hold BTC back, and price predictions for BakeryToken (CCC:BAKE-USD). You can get up to speed on all of this news by checking out the links below.
More Crypto News
- Kraken IPO: 10 Things We Know as the Crypto Exchange Preps to Come Public
- Why ARK’s Cathie Wood Blames ESG for the Crypto Crash
- BakeryToken (BAKE) Price Predictions: How High Can the NFT Craze Take BAKE?
On the date of publication, William White did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer, subject to the InvestorPlace.com Publishing Guidelines.