Aerpio Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ARPO) stock is flying high on Thursday after an analyst upgrade gave the company’s shares a boost today.
Let’s take a dive into that news and what potential ARPO investors need to know about it below.
- H.C. Wainwright analyst Robert Burns is responsible for the upgrade today that has ARPO stock on the move.
- His new rating for the biopharmaceutical company bumps it up from a neutral rating to a buy rating.
- This matches the consensus rating for the stock, which is made up of two buy ratings.
- The good news for ARPO stock continues with Burns setting a $22 price target for the shares.
- That’s an incredibly bullish price target compared to the consensus of $2.75 per share.
- It also represents a massive upside of 1,186.6% from the penny stock’s closing price of $1.74 on Wednesday’s close.
- So why is the H.C. Wainwright taking such a bullish stance on ARPO stock?
- It all has to do with its merger deal with Aadi Bioscience.
- Burns says the deal should put the combined company on a “solid path towards becoming a self-sustaining, commercial-stage enterprise with a differentiated lead product having applicability across multiple specialty oncology indications.”
- ARPO stock is seeing heavy trading today following news of the analyst upgrade.
- As of this writing, more than 117 million shares of the stock have changed hands.
- That’s a massive jump over its daily average trading volume of roughly 5.6 million shares.
ARPO stock was up 57.9% as of Thursday morning and is up 158.6% since the start of the year.
Investors looking for more stock market news this morning are in luck!
InvestorPlace.com has all the latest stock news with our daily coverage of the market. That includes the most recent news concerning Carver Bancorp (NASDAQ:CARV), meme stocks, and what to expect from the market today. You can find all of this news and more by following the links below!
More Stock Market News for Thursday
- CARV Stock: 10 Things to Know About Carver Bancorp Amid a Giant Squeeze
- Meme Stocks: What’s Moving AMC, GME, WISH, PLTR and NEGG Today
- What Will the Stock Market Do Today? 3 Big Stories to Watch.
On the date of publication, William White did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer, subject to the InvestorPlace.com Publishing Guidelines.
With only the rarest exceptions, InvestorPlace does not publish commentary about companies that have a market cap of less than $100 million or trade less than 100,000 shares each day. That’s because these “penny stocks” are frequently the playground for scam artists and market manipulators. If we ever do publish commentary on a low-volume stock that may be affected by our commentary, we demand that InvestorPlace.com’s writers disclose this fact and warn readers of the risks. Read More: Penny Stocks — How to Profit Without Getting Scammed