Mer Telemanagement (NASDAQ:MTSL) stock is heading higher on Monday despite a lack of news from the company.
Let’s take a look at what MTSL stock is all about and why shares are heading higher today below.
- Mer Telemanagement is a TEM solution provider that was founded in 1995.
- The company’s headquarters is based out of Israel.
- It has over 500 customers across 80 countries around the world.
- Mer Telemanagement is lead by CEO Roy Hess.
- Hess has more than 20 years of experience in the telecom and communication solutions and services sector.
- MTSL stock has a market capitalization of about $31.9 million.
- So why is MTSL stock rising higher today?
- Retail traders on social media are pulling together for a short squeeze of the company.
- This has them working to push hedge funds out of their short positions and boost up shares of the stock.
- We’re seeing the effects of that today with MTSL stock experiencing incredibly heavy trading today.
- As of this writing, more than 48 million shares of the stock have changed hands.
- That’s a massive increase over the company’s daily average trading volume of about 2.3 million shares.
- However, investors will want to be wary about jumping into MTSL stock now.
- These short squeezes can easily retreat after a rally.
- That could leave some unfortunate investors holding the bag if prices come crashing back down.
- That’s especially true for MTSL with its penny stock status.
NTSL stock was up 50.6% as of Monday morning.
There’s plenty more stock market news for investors to check out below!
InvestorPlace.com has all that latest news with a deep dive into the biggest stock markets stories for Monday. A few examples include what has shares of Antelope Enterprise (NASDAQ:AEHL), Tempest Therapeutics (NASDAQ:TPST), and SGOCO Group (NASDAQ:SGOC) on the move today. You can learn all about that by checking out the following links!
More Monday Stock Market News
- AEHL Stock: Why Retail Investors Are Betting On an Antelope Enterprise Short-Squeeze
- TPST Stock: 13 Things to Know About Tempest Therapeutics as Shares Skyrocket Post-Merger
- SGOC Stock: What Meme Stock Investors Are Saying About SGOCO Group as Shares Soar
On the date of publication, William White did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer, subject to the InvestorPlace.com Publishing Guidelines.
With only the rarest exceptions, InvestorPlace does not publish commentary about companies that have a market cap of less than $100 million or trade less than 100,000 shares each day. That’s because these “penny stocks” are frequently the playground for scam artists and market manipulators. If we ever do publish commentary on a low-volume stock that may be affected by our commentary, we demand that InvestorPlace.com’s writers disclose this fact and warn readers of the risks. Read More: Penny Stocks — How to Profit Without Getting Scammed