Phunware (NASDAQ:PHUN) is getting into the crypto game with the launch of PhunCoin (CCC:PHCN-USD).
Let’s take a look at what investors need to know about this below!
- Phunware describes it as a “security token that is empowering consumers to take control of and be compensated for their data.”
- The company says users can monetize the tokens by sharing their data with brands.
- This allows users to earn Phuncoin by providing answers to questions in a survey.
- Phunware claims traders will want to hold the token as it pays out a crypto dividend.
- The company says that the PhunCoin crypto is available to “accredited investors via Reg D.”
- Another way to get the token includes “utilizing Phunware’s Data SDK to build audiences.”
- According to Phunware, the token will provide brands with direct, real-time data from consumers.
- That’s due to proximity marketing that lets brands know when and where users like to spend their time.
- Phunware notes this isn’t a new concept but is expected to see growth in the coming years.
- As such, it’s looking to get into the game with a crypto token that it believes can reach mainstream users.
- A press release from Phunware today notes that the token is valued at $0.008.
- It also mentions that the company will hold 72% of the maximum available supply.
PHUN stock is up 4.5% as of Friday morning.
Investors on the lookout for more crypto news will want to stick around!
InvestorPlace has the latest crypto news traders need to know about for Friday. A few examples include the latest coverage on Solana (CCC:SOL-USD), Bitcoin (CCC:BTC-USD), and Floki Inu (CCC:FLOKI-USD). You can find all of that at the following links!
More Crypto News for Friday
- Solana Bears Aren’t Finished Toying With It Yet
- Latest Crypto News: Why Is Bitcoin Down Today?
- The Floki Inu Marketing Blitz May Be Too Little, Too Late
On the date of publication, William White did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer, subject to the InvestorPlace.com Publishing Guidelines.
On Low-Capitalization and Low-Volume Cryptocurrencies: With only the rarest exceptions, InvestorPlace does not publish commentary about cryptocurrencies that have a market capitalization less than $100 million or trade with volume less than $100,000 each day. That’s because these “penny cryptos” are frequently the playground for scam artists and market manipulators. If we ever do publish commentary on a low-volume crypto that may be affected by our commentary, we demand that InvestorPlace.com’s writers disclose this fact and warn readers of the risks.
Read More: How to Avoid Popular Cryptocurrency Scams