Let’s go over all the details investors need to know about below!
- AMD has introduced its Ryzen Embedded R2000 Series of processors.
- These are “second-generation mid-range system-on-chip (SoC) processors.”
- They are designed for use in “industrial and robotics systems, machine vision, IoT and thin-client equipment.”
- These new processors sport double the core count compared to their first-generation counterparts.
- This has them featuring up to four Zen+ cores with eight threads.
- They also come equipped with 2MB of L2 cache and 4MB of shared L3 cache.
- The new processors from Ryzen also support 3200 MT/s DDR4 dual-channel memory and expanded I/O connectivity.
- That gives them 50% higher memory bandwidth and two times greater I/O connectivity over R1000 series processors.
- According to AMD, this allows the processors to power up to four separate displays at 4K resolution.
- They can also support up to 16 lanes of PCIe Gen 3, two SATA 3.0 ports and six USB ports.
- The processors are available for use on systems running Windows 10, Windows 11 and Linux Ubuntu LTS.
- There are four new processors for the Ryzen Embedded R2000 Series.
- They are R2544, R2514, R2314 and R2312.
- AMD is expecting R2544 and R2514 to be available for purchase in October 2022.
- For the other two, the company simply lists them as “in production.”
- AMD will show off the new Ryzen Embedded R2000 Series processors at Embedded World 2022 from June 21 to June 23.
AMD stock is up 2% as of Tuesday morning.
There’s more stock market news worth reading below!
We’ve got all the latest stock market coverage traders need to know about for Tuesday! Among that is what’s happening with shares of Valneva (NASDAQ:VALN), Spirit Airlines (NYSE:SAVE) and Mullen Automotive (NASDAQ:MULN) stock. You can read more on these matters at the links below!
More Tuesday Stock Market News
- Why Is Valneva (VALN) Stock Up 85% Today?
- SAVE Stock Gains 8% on JetBlue’s Latest Spirit Airlines Offer
- MULN Stock Pops 4% as Mullen Automotive Extends Maturity of $28 Million Note
On the date of publication, William White did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer, subject to the InvestorPlace.com Publishing Guidelines.