Stocks are up today as investors react to the latest news from the Federal Reverse concerning interest rate increases.
The news traders are talking about is a 0.25% increase in interest rates. That’s a good sign, as its not as steep of an interest rate hike as previously expected. Also, the Fed says it may only introduce one more 0.25% interest rate increase in 2023.
All of that is wonderful news making stocks go up today, especially as markets have continued to suffer on rate hike news. Those rate increases weren’t without reason, however, as the Fed has been using them to try and combat rising inflation.
One change that might have influenced the Fed’s decision is the ongoing banking crisis. Regional banks are collapsing, which has resulted in the central bank having to get involved. That seems to have affected the Fed’s stance on how to best combat inflation.
Keeping all of that in mind, let’s take a look at the stock indices and how they are performing today below!
Stocks Up Today
- The Dow Jones starts us off today with a 1.4% increase as of Thursday morning.
- Next is the S&P 500, which is climbing 1.6% higher as of this writing.
- Joining today’s stock rally is the Nasdaq with its 2.3% increase this morning.
- Finally, the Small Cap 2000 is getting a 2.1% boost on Thursday morning.
There’s more hot stock market news traders will want to know about below!
We’ve got all of the hottest stock market coverage investors need to know about for Thursday! Among that is what has shares of Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:REGN), Zura Bio (NASDAQ:ZURA) and Coinbase (NASDAQ:COIN) moving today. You can read that news at the following links!
More Thursday Stock Market News
- REGN Stock Alert: Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Gains on Dupixent Drug Data
- ZURA Stock Alert: Zura Bio SPAC Merger Rally Ends
- COIN Stock Alert: Cathie Wood Dumps Coinbase Ahead of SEC Warning
On the date of publication, William White did not hold (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer, subject to the InvestorPlace.com Publishing Guidelines.