The Allen & Co. Sun Valley Conference started on Tuesday and some of the most influential people in the United States are in attendance.
Here are a few things to know about the Allen & Co. Sun Valley Conference.
- The event is held once a year and last for roughly one week
- This year’s conference will come to an end on Sunday, July 16, 2017.
- Attendees of the event are powerful CEOs and political figures.
- It allows CEOs and other members of company’s to come together and talk business.
- The Allen & Co. Sun Valley Conference has been called a “summer camp for billionaires.”
- It takes place in Sun Valley, Idaho and is only available to those with invitations.
- Allen & Co., a private investment firm that was formed in 1922, funds the event.
- During the conference, public access is restricted and barriers are set up to offer privacy to the individuals that get an invite.
- Those attending the Allen & Co. Sun Valley Conference this year include Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) CEO Tim Cook, Verizon Communications Inc.’s (NYSE:VZ) Oath CEO Tim Armstrong, Dell CEO Michael Dell, Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE:BRK.A.BRK.B) Chairman and CEO Warren Buffet, General Motors Company (NYSE:GM) CEO Mary Barra and many others.
- Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump are also attending the event this year and showed up at the conference on Wednesday.
As of this writing, William White did not hold a position in any of the aforementioned securities.