Monday’s already halfway over and that means it’s time for a midday market update. We’re seeing lots of movement from meme stocks today as Reddit sends share prices soaring with a massive rally.
But before we get too far into that, let’s stop and look at what stocks were doing in pre-market trading this morning. It’s nice to see how things have changed in just a few short hours.
With that taken care of, let’s dive into the midday market update for Monday!
Midday Market Update
- Bionano Genomics (NASDAQ:BNGO) stock is rising close to 28% with some 59 million shares of the stock changing hands. Its daily average trading volume is 23.9 million shares.
- QTS Realty (NYSE:QTS) shares are soaring more than 21% with over 14 million shares moving. That’s well above its daily average trading volume of 578,000 shares.
- Clover Health (NASDAQ:CLOV) stock is jumping over 20% with about 45 million shares changing hands. The stock’s daily average trading volume is only about half that at 22.8 million shares.
- AMC Entertainment (NYSE:AMC) shares are sitting more than 17% higher as over 187 million shares change hands. The stock’s daily average trading volume is roughly 136.8 million shares.
- FuelCell Energy (NASDAQ:FCEL) stock is getting an over 14% boost with some 17 million shares traded. That’s approaching its daily average trading volume of 25.7 million shares.
- BlackBerry (NYSE:BB) stock joins the Reddit rally with shares up about 12% and 93 million units moving. The stock’s daily average trading volume is below that at 31.1 million shares.
- MicroVision (NASDAQ:MVIS) shares are also up roughly 12% with about 16 million shares moving. That’s getting closer to its daily average trading volume of 27 million shares.
- FuboTV (NYSE:FUBO) stock is heading over 13% higher as some 12 million shares moved. That’s almost at its daily average trading volume of 15.3 million shares.
- Cassava Sciences (NASDAQ:SAVA) shares are up about 11% with over 5 million shares changing hands. That’s well above its daily average trading volume of 1.7 million shares.
- Clean Energy (NASDAQ:CLNE) stock closes out the midday market update with shares up more than 10% and some 13 million shares moving. That’s better than its daily average trading volume of 7.5 million shares.
On the date of publication, William White did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer, subject to the InvestorPlace.com Publishing Guidelines.