Good morning, trader! We’re gearing up for one final day of trading this week with a breakdown of the biggest pre-market stock movers for Friday!
But hold up just a minute. Let’s review what the market was up to yesterday. Brenden has us covered with an overview of Thursday’s biggest stock stories at this link.
Now that you’re up to speed, let’s talk about those pre-market stock movers for today!
Pre-Market Stock Movers: 10 Top Gainers
- Socket Mobile (NASDAQ:SCKT) stock is rocketing more than 81% higher with the release of its earnings report for the second quarter of 2021.
- Alzamend Neuro (NASDAQ:ALZN) shares are surging over 72% higher with the return of positive results from an Alzheimer’s clinical trial.
- Veoneer (NYSE:VNE) stock is soaring more than 55% this morning on news that Magna International (NYSE:MGA) intends to acquire it.
- Acorda Therapeutics (NASDAQ:ACOR) shares are gaining over 54% after announcing plans to commercialize INBRIJA in Spain.
- NRX Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:NRXP) stock is rising more than 37% higher, continuing movement yesterday from its Covid-19 treatment announcement.
- Xenetic Biosciences (NASDAQ:XBIO) shares are increasing over 23% on news of exclusive license agreement partner Takeda Pharmaceuticals investing $126 million to expand its manufacturing operations.
- Snap (NYSE:SNAP) stock is gaining more than 17% this morning after releasing its most recent earnings report.
- Forward Pharma (NASDAQ:FWP) shares are heading over 10% higher as retail traders on social media discuss its potential this morning.
- Cyclerion Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CYCN) stock is jumping more than 10% after announcing plans to present data from a clinical trial to treat Alzheimer’s at the Association International Conference 2021.
- American Resources (NASDAQ:AREC) shares are up over 10% in pre-market trading today.
10 Top Losers
- Gaotu Techedu (NYSE:GOTU) stock is diving more than 55% this morning on talk that China wants education companies to become non-profits.
- TAL Education (NYSE:TAL) shares are falling over 51% on the China news this morning.
- New Oriental Education (NYSE:EDU) stock is plunging more than 46% as well with the non-profit talk.
- China Online Education (NYSE:COE) shares are taking an over 38% beating following the China report.
- 17 Education & Technology (NASDAQ:YQ) stock is dropping more than 35% alongside other China education companies.
- Puxin (NYSE:NEW) shares are also among those falling on the China news with them decreasing over 34% in pre-market trading.
- Zhangmen Education (NYSE:ZME) stock is likewise tripping more than 31% this morning.
- OneSmart International Education (NYSE:ONE) shares are feeling the China rumor with an over 31% decline.
- Youdao (NYSE:DAO) stock is losing more than 26% of its value this morning.
- iHuman (NYSE:IH) shares close out the pre-market stock movers down over 23% alongside other Chinese education stocks.
On the date of publication, William White did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer, subject to the InvestorPlace.com Publishing Guidelines.