We’re diving into the top penny stocks to watch today as several names in the space see major movement.
Penny stocks are a favorite among day and retail traders looking to make a quick buck. That’s thanks to the easy entry point and ability to affect the stock price without as much effort as a more expensive stock.
This has resulted in a rise in penny stock pump and dumps over the last year. That’s the result of traders on social media, as well as in private chatrooms, banding together to push prices of these types of stocks higher before leaving with the profits.
Of course, that also makes them a dangerous investment. The crash after a rally can come quick and investors that don’t practice enough caution may find themselves holding the bag when it’s all said and done.
Even so, there’s no denying that allure that comes from a high risk/ high reward investment, which is why we’re covering the top penny stocks to watch today below!
Top Penny Stocks to Watch Today
- China Evergrande (OTCMKTS:EVGRF) stock is taking a 15% beating on reports that of orders to destroy certain apartment buildings.
- Polarityte (NASDAQ:PTE) shares are rising 10.8% with heavy trading and no news.
- BlueCity Holdings (NASDAQ:BLCT) stock is gaining 20.4% following a buyout announcement.
- Genprex (NASDAQ:GNPX) shares are soaring 87.1% thanks to fast-track news from the FDA.
- Armstrong Flooring (NYSE:AFI) stock is gaining 26% after discussing a potential sale of the business as it explores strategic alternatives.
- Creative Medical Technology (NASDAQ:CELZ) shares are jumping 41.6% higher thanks to interest from retail traders today.
- Applied UV (NASDAQ:AUVI) stock is rising 31.8% on no clear news and heavy trading of its shares.
- Eco Wave Power (NASDAQ:WAVE) is also seeing heavy trading on no apparent news today.
Investors seeking more stock market discussions are in the proper place.
We’ve got all the most recent stock chatter that traders need to know about today. A few examples include what’s happening with shares of Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA), Immix Biopharma (NASDAQ:IMMX), and Marathon Digital Holdings (NASDAQ:MARA) today. You can find out more from the following links!
More Monday Stock Market News
- Tesla Stock Looks Like a 2022 Winner After Its Q4 Delivery Beat
- IMMX Stock Alert: The Massive FDA Win That Has Immix Biopharma Blasting Higher Today
- MARA Stock Shrugs Off Rough Year End Thanks to Bitcoin Mining Boom
On the date of publication, William White did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer, subject to the InvestorPlace.com Publishing Guidelines.
With only the rarest exceptions, InvestorPlace does not publish commentary about companies that have a market cap of less than $100 million or trade less than 100,000 shares each day. That’s because these “penny stocks” are frequently the playground for scam artists and market manipulators. If we ever do publish commentary on a low-volume stock that may be affected by our commentary, we demand that InvestorPlace.com’s writers disclose this fact and warn readers of the risks.
Read More: Penny Stocks — How to Profit Without Getting Scammed