Welcome back, trader! Let’s get right into it with an overview of the biggest pre-market stock movers for Monday!
Penny stocks are dominating our lists this morning with energy and pharmaceutical companies seeing quite a bit of movement today.
All of that news, and more, is available below!
Pre-Market Stock Movers: 10 Top Gainers
- Houston American Energy (NYSEAMERICAN:HUSA) stock is rocketing more than 89% alongside heavy trading of the shares this morning as energy stocks react to rising oil and gas prices.
- ION Geophysical (NYSE:IO) shares are soaring over 62% as it also sees increased trading activity during pre-market hours.
- Nine Energy Service (NYSE:NINE) stock is surging close to 59% joins those other two stocks as a penny energy company with heavy trading this morning.
- Bed Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ:BBBY) shares are rising more than 55% after Ryan Cohen announced his 9.8% stake in the company alongside calls for it to consider strategic alternatives.
- Imperial Petroleum (NASDAQ:IMPP) stock is gaining over 52% as another penny energy stock with heavy trading this morning.
- Camber Energy (NYSEAMERICAN:CEI) shares are increasing more than 38% with heavy pre-market trading activity.
- Moving iMage Technologies (NYSEAMERICAN:MITQ) stock is climbing over 34% on no clear news this morning.
- OceanPal (NASDAQ:OP) shares are jumping more than 32% with higher-than-average trading this morning.
- Mexco Energy (NYSEAMERICAN:MXC) stock is getting an almost 31% boost alongside other energy stocks today.
- Indonesia Energy Corp (NYSEAMERICAN:INDO) shares are up over 29% as it continues an ongoing rally from last week.
10 Top Losers
- Atreca (NASDAQ:BCEL) stock is falling nearly 19% after rallying Friday on updated cancer drug news.
- Kiromic BioPharma (NASDAQ:KRBP) shares are taking a more than 18% beating despite a lack of news this morning.
- ECMOHO (NASDAQ:MOHO) stock is dropping over 17%, which continues negative movement from Friday.
- GBS (NASDAQ:GBS) shares are tumbling more than 16% as shares pull back from a rally last week.
- Ra Medical Systems (NYSEAMERICAN:RMED) stock is decreasing over 15% after a 510(k) filing sent it soaring early last week.
- HeartCore Enterprises (NASDAQ:HTCR) shares are slipping more than 15% following major volatility last week.
- bluebird bio (NASDAQ:BLUE) stock is declining 15% following the release of its earnings report for the fourth quarter of 2021.
- Ensysce Biosciences (NASDAQ:ENSC) shares are heading roughly 15% lower on no apparent news this morning.
- Avenue Therapeutics (NASDAQ:ATXI) stock is losing over 14% of its value as it joins other pharmaceutical penny stocks losing ground today.
- Statera BioPharma (NASDAQ:STAB) shares close out our pre-market stock movers down more than 14% this morning.
On the date of publication, William White did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer, subject to the InvestorPlace.com Publishing Guidelines.
With only the rarest exceptions, InvestorPlace does not publish commentary about companies that have a market cap of less than $100 million or trade less than 100,000 shares each day. That’s because these “penny stocks” are frequently the playground for scam artists and market manipulators. If we ever do publish commentary on a low-volume stock that may be affected by our commentary, we demand that InvestorPlace.com’s writers disclose this fact and warn readers of the risks.
Read More: Penny Stocks — How to Profit Without Getting Scammed