Google (NASDAQ:GOOG,NASDAQ:GOOGL) has a new CFO in Ruth Porat.
Google announced that Ruth Porat would become its new CFO on Tuesday. Porat said that she was happy about the deal and being able to move back to California. She also said she’s ready to start working with the company, reports Forbes.
Here are a few things to know about new Google CFO Ruth Porat, as collected from Forbes.
- Porat is currently serving as CFO for Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS), but will move to Google on may 26.
- She’s previously held the lead banker role at Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN), Priceline (NASDAQ:PCLN) and Netscape.
- Porat will be replacing Google CFO Patrick Pichette after his announced retirement two weeks ago.
- Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byer partner Mary Meeker has called her “the best banker I have worked with since [Frank] Quattrone”.
- Porat was considered as a potential candidate as the new CEO of Morgan Stanley when its current one retires, but she wasn’t considered a top contender for the role.
To learn more about Ruth Porat, click here.
More From InvestorPlace