MULN Stock: 10 Things to Know About Mullen’s MAEO


  • Mullen Automotive (MULN) has formed Mullen Advanced Energy Operations (MAEO) in collaboration with Global EV Technology and EV Technologies.
  • The joint venture will focus on improving battery efficiency for a variety of applications.
  • MULN stock is down more than 65% year-to-date (YTD).
In this photo illustration, the Mullen Technologies (MULN) logo is displayed on a smartphone screen
Source: rafapress /

Mullen Automotive (NASDAQ:MULN) announced the formation of Mullen Advanced Energy Operations (MAEO) earlier this week. MAEO is a joint venture (JV) in collaboration with Global EV Technology and EV Technologies (collectively known as EVT). MAEO’s primary focus is to improve energy management in batteries, including by increasing the range of an electric vehicle (EV) battery.

Mullen will own a 51% stake in MAEO, while EVT will own the remaining 49%. A day after the JV announcement, Mullen also announced the test results of MAEO’s energy management module (EMM) technology. The test, conducted by Element Materials Technology, showed that EMM increased the range of a “high-volume OEM electric vehicle” to 431 miles from 269 miles. That marks an increase of 60%. Mullen engineers also tested out the EMM technology on the company’s Class 1 cargo van. This increased the range of the van’s 42-kilowatt hour (kWh) lithium-ion battery pack by more than 75%.

With that in mind, let’s take a look at 10 things investors should know about MULN stock and MAEO.

MULN Stock: 10 Things to Know About Mullen’s MAEO

  1. Mullen has plans to equip all of its commercial and consumer vehicles with its new EMM technology.
  2. Furthermore, Mullen announced that a U.S. provisional patent application has already been filed for EMM.
  3. Under the letter of agreement, EVT has agreed to license MAEO technology “previously known as a Battery Life Enhancing Technology along with Ever-Charge Technology and/or Energy Management Module” as well as related intellectual property (IP) rights.
  4. EVT will also license MAEO with all of its rights to contracts, government contracts and purchase orders.
  5. Still, there is an exception. EVT has the right to grant a limited exclusive license concerning the technology “to a third party specifically for the United Arab Emirates.”
  6. As part of the agreement, Mullen will pay Global EV founder and Chief Scientific Officer Lawrence Hardge $50,000.
  7. In addition, Mullen will pay Hardge $5 million upon the completion of specific definitive agreements and the assignment of all IP to MAEO. The definitive agreements have not yet been disclosed.
  8. Mullen itself will invest $5 million into MAEO to run business operations.
  9. In a livestream yesterday, Hardge teased a “$10 billion contract with Saudi Arabia” that is “already agreed upon.”
  10. Mullen and MAEO have not yet confirmed the existence of such a contract.

On Penny Stocks and Low-Volume Stocks: With only the rarest exceptions, InvestorPlace does not publish commentary about companies that have a market cap of less than $100 million or trade less than 100,000 shares each day. That’s because these “penny stocks” are frequently the playground for scam artists and market manipulators. If we ever do publish commentary on a low-volume stock that may be affected by our commentary, we demand that’s writers disclose this fact and warn readers of the risks.

Read More:Penny Stocks — How to Profit Without Getting Scammed

On the date of publication, Eddie Pan did not hold (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer, subject to the Publishing Guidelines. 

Eddie Pan specializes in institutional investments and insider activity. He writes for InvestorPlace’s Today’s Market team, which centers on the latest news involving popular stocks.

Article printed from InvestorPlace Media,

©2023 InvestorPlace Media, LLC