Equilar and The New York Times have released their list of the highest-paid CEOs of 2014. To qualify for the list, a CEO’s company had to have a minimum of $1 billion in fiscal year-end market capitalization. The median pay for CEOs in 2014 was $17.6 million.
- David M. Zaslav — CEO of Discovery Communications Inc. (NASDAQ:DISCA) with a salary of $156,077,912.
- Michael T. Fries — CEO of Liberty Global PLC with a salary of $111,914,319.
- Mario J. Gabelli — CEO of Gamco Investors Inc (NYSE:GBL) with a salary of $88,518,411.
- Satya Nadella — CEO of Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT) with a salary of $84,308,755.
- Nicholas Woodman — CEO of GoPro Inc (NASDAQ:GPRO) with a salary of $77,427,175.
- Gregory B. Maffei — CEO of Liberty Media Corp (NASDAQ:LMCA) and Liberty Interactive Corp (NASDAQ:QVCA) with a salary of $73,750,882.
- Lawrence J. Ellison — CEO of Oracle Corporation (NYSE:ORCL) with a salary of $67,261,251.
- Steven M. Mollenkopf — CEO of QUALCOMM, Inc. (NASDAQ:QCOM) with a salary of $60,740,592.
- David T. Hamamoto — CEO of Northstar Realty Finance Corp (NYSE:NRF) with a salary of $60,334,396.
- Leslie Moonves — CEO of CBS Corporation (NYSE:CBS) with a salary of $54,403,721.
- Philippe P. Dauman — CEO of Viacom, Inc. (NASDAQ:VIA,NASDAQ:VIAB) with a salary of $44,288,992.
- Robert A. Iger — CEO of Walt Disney Co (NYSE:DIS) with a salary of $43,701,750.
- Joseph W. Brown Jr. — CEO of MBIA Inc. (NYSE:MBI) with a salary of $43,602,334.
- Marissa A. Mayer — CEO of Yahoo! Inc. (NASDAQ:YHOO) with a salary of $42,083,508.
- Leonard S. Schleifer — CEO of Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ:REGN) with a salary of $41,965,424.
To see the full list of the 200 highest-paid CEOs in 2014, click here.
More From InvestorPlace