Robinhood (NASDAQ:HOOD) stock is in the news today as the company introduces a new index to track investors’ favorite stocks. Called the Robinhood Investor Index, it shows where traders using the exchange are putting their money. Basically, the company is averaging conviction based on each investment across all customers.
Robinhood notes that it will update this index once a month to show how investor sentiment has changed over time. Currently, entertainment and tech stocks appear to be popular with traders using the exchange.
The Robinhood Investor Index displays the top stocks as a collection of circles. The larger the circle, the more weight it has among traders on the platform. This can make determining the top stock a little difficult when some circles are close in size.
Keeping that in mind, let’s take a look at the top five Robinhood stocks that investors will want to keep an eye on.
Robinhood Stocks to Watch
- Starting off this list, Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) appears to have the largest interest from Robinhood traders currently and sports a 3% gain as of Friday afternoon.
- Ford (NYSE:F) takes the next spot on this list of top Robinhood stocks, with shares down slightly today.
- Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) claims the next spot on the platform, showing a gain of 1.6%.
- Next up, Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) takes a top positions on the index as shares climb 1.4% higher.
- Closing out our list today is meme stock AMC Entertainment (NYSE:AMC), which is up more than 9% as of this writing.
HOOD stock is up more than 5% as of Friday afternoon.
There’s more recent stock market news worth diving into below!
We’ve got all the hot stock news traders need for Friday! That includes what has shares of Jiuzi Holdings (NASDAQ:JZXN), Nio (NYSE:NIO) and Tapestry (NYSE:TPR) stock on the move today. You can get up to speed on this news at the following links!
More Friday Stock Market News
- Jiuzi Holdings (JZXN) Stock Gains 25% on Custom EV Plans
- NIO Stock Just Got Slammed With Several Price Target Downgrades
- Tapestry (TPR) Stock Pops Ahead of Investor Day, Kim Kardashian Rumors
On the date of publication, William White did not hold (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer, subject to the InvestorPlace.com Publishing Guidelines.