Editor’s note: This article was last updated on March 10. Previous versions of this list included McDonald’s (NYSE:MCD), Starbucks (NASDAQ:SBUX), Zara, PepsiCo (NASDAQ:PEP), Coca-Cola (NYSE:KO), Papa John’s (NASDAQ:PZZA), Uniqlo, Caterpillar (NYSE:CAT) and Yum! Brands (NYSE:YUM), which all have since announced that they were pausing operations in Russia.
Consumers are calling on companies to exit Russia as its war with Ukraine continues, but some companies have no intention of leaving the country.
Many companies are already pulling out of Russia due to the war. Add on the boycott calls, and it seems like an easy PR move. However, others are sticking around to continue doing business in Russia.
Let’s go over the companies that are not leaving Russia below!
Companies Not Leaving Russia
- General Mills (NYSE:GIS) appears to be maintaining its operations in Russia.
- Restaurant Brands International’s (NYSE:QSR) Burger King is a fast-food brand still operating in Russia, but Restaurant Brands has halted corporate support for franchised restaurants.
- Mondelez International (NASDAQ:MDLZ) has not ceased operations in Russia, although it said it is scaling back its presence.
- Hilton (NYSE:HLT) has not closed its locations in Russia, although it has paused corporate development and investment.
- Other hotel chains including Marriott (NASDAQ:MAR) also continue to operate locations in Russia. Marriot does operate these hotels through a third party.
- Hyatt (NYSE:H) is another hotel chain that continues to operate in Russia, although it has paused new development and investment.
- Whirlpool (NYSE:WHR) still has a presence in Russia, although it says it will limit its production to “essential goods.”
- Cloudflare (NYSE:NET) also announced it would not cease operations in Russia.
- Another company joining Cloudflare in maintaining operations is Akamai (NASDAQ:AKAM).
With more companies leaving Russia as the days pass it might not be long before these give into consumers’ calls for boycotts.
Investors searching for more stock market news are in the right place!
All of the latest stock market news for Tuesday is available right here! That includes what’s going on with shares of Mullen Automotive (NASDAQ:MULN) stock, as well as price predictions for gas and oil. You can find all of that at the following links!
More Stock Market News for Tuesday
- Why Is Mullen Automotive (MULN) Stock Up Today?
- Gas Price Predictions: Why Are Gas Prices Going Up? How High Will Gas Prices Go?
- Oil Price Predictions: What Is the Future Outlook for Oil? Where Is Crude Headed in 2022?2025? 2030?
On the date of publication, William White did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer, subject to the InvestorPlace.com Publishing Guidelines.